Education (CEU-AIA & IDCEC)
High Pressure Compact Laminate Panel Attachment Methods for Facades
This program will provide education and an understanding of the components and mounting of HPL panels in a rainscreen facade.
- Understand the components involved in mounting high-pressure laminate panels on a façade
- Have an awareness of the different aesthetics that can be achieved with HPL mounting systems
- Know the pros and cons of various materials used as HPL mounting systems
- Select the proper HPL mounting system details for their intended design
- Design an HPL façade with proper airflow and drainage
- Understand attachment methods for continuous insulation and for HPL panels and how they interact
- Know what questions to ask in terms of code compliance with HPL assembly options
Using High-Pressure Laminate (HPL) Compact Panels for Drained and Back-Ventilated Rainscreen Wall Systems
This course is designed to help architects and designers understand what HPL Compact is and the benefits of using this material as cladding in rainscreen systems. We will discuss how the product is manufactured, applications for the product in exterior construction, design considerations, installation details, code compliance, and sustainability. We will also cover the basics of rainscreen design and function.
- Understand how HPL compact panels are manufactured and how they are classified according to EN 438
- Recall the performance and aesthetic benefits of HPL compact cladding and describe some HPL compact panel installation methods
- Understand the history of rainscreen construction and the benefits of using this method in exterior wall design
- Describe how a drained and back-ventilated rainscreen functions, its design requirements, and its components
Lab Design Trends in a Post-COVID Era - How it Impacts Your Laboratory Work Surface Choice
This seminar will look at laboratory design trends post-COVID era as well as compare different products based on performance, cost, and sustainability.
- Summarize the needs that are driving current trends in laboratory design.
- Describe the criteria of laboratory design required to meet these trends in a post-COVID-19 world.
- List the performance characteristics that must be considered when specifying a laboratory work surface and explain some of the tests work surfaces are subjected to.
- Compare laboratory work surfaces and specify the appropriate surface based on performance characteristics, cost, and sustainability.